February 26, 2009

New BoardSide Logo



Actually put this together a while back, but wasn't sure if I would use it or not. But after some consideration, I think it might work for some boards. What do you think? I still need to make a silk screen for this. 

When making my logos, I originally used a laser printer to print onto the rice paper. I didn't have a bubble jet printer, so I went ahead and tried the laser. I was concerned that the rice paper would just melt, but it didn't. The only thing is it didn't print out as dark as I wanted to. Might of been my old printer... So I went with the real way - silk screening the logo. Not only did it turn dark and crisp, it was a lot easier than I had thought.

If any of you are interested in creating your own logo design for your boards, I used this thing called PhotoEZ to make my silk screens. Really easy!!! Just print out your logo on regular paper and expose it to the sun to develop it. Here is the link:  http://ezscreenprint.com/photoezstarterkits.aspx

Also, if you need rice paper, I went to Micheals and purchased a roll of it (probably about 10 feet of it) for only $12.00. I think you can pick it up at any art store. The rice paper will turn transparent when you glass it.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Man, you have some serious art skills! Love the logo. Thanks for the tips. Can't wait to see what your up to next.

Dave

Anonymous said...

the logo is bitchen, love the site. cheers cheers

Post a Comment

Discuss it Here at the BoardSide Forum